Division Wide High SchoolScholarships and Awards
Bob Auser Memorial Award
Collision Plus Trade Scholarship
Candidates will be interviewed by a selection committee.
Kiwanis Club Riversdale Scholarship
The recipient is selected by the Student Services Department of the school.
Our Lady of the Prairies Foundation Scholarship
- Is working at his/her potential
- Possesses and exhibits the qualities of a good school citizen and who does not receive recognition in the school
- Is not necessarily on the Honour Roll but has attained the entrance requirements for the post-secondary program of his/her choice
- Recipient must provide proof of acceptance to such school in the same year as the scholarship is awarded.
- Notification of enrollment must be sent to the Foundation by October 16 by the recipient
Principals’ Association Scholarship
- Be a full time student for the entire year
- Have met the requirements for graduation
- Have demonstrated actual and potential leadership
- Obtain a Letter of Recommendation from a teacher who can testify to demonstration of leadership at school. Preferably from a Grade 11 or 12 teacher with whom the applicant has been a student
- Applicant will write a 500 word summary of development as a ‘leader’ while attending school. Applicant will include the signatures of two adults who can verify involvement in activities
- Have attained the requirements for the post-secondary program of their choice
- Attach proof of acceptance to such program in the same year as the scholarship is awarded. If special circumstances prevail, obtain note from counsellor
- Have proven financial need. Applicant will write in 250 words or less a statement of financial need
Submit above documents to Student Services by June 16 of current year
Kim Sawchuk Memorial Scholarship
Student selection will be based on:
- Attendance during their tenure at both Bishop Klein and their current high school.
- An academic success level commensurate with one’s abilities.
- Involvement in school programs i.e. athletics, choir, patrols, drama, SRG/SRC, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership in living up to school expectation as outlined in the school’s belief statements.
- Demonstrated a positive school spirit.
- Financial need may be a consideration.
Student must apply for scholarship.
The scholarship is intended for former Bishop Klein students who are currently in grade 12 in a Catholic high school and will be attending a post-secondary institution.
Students are to prepare a written statement which attests to how they perceive themselves regarding the above criteria. This submission is to be presented to the principal by June 1st of the current academic year.